According to the ancient Yogic and Ayurvedic texts, an obese person has a very vulnerable health. The obese are more likely to develop heart disease, orthopedic problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and gall bladder conditions as compared to an average weight individual.
The Yoga system has developed very effective recipes to help people to detoxify their body and to keep their weight under control.
Here some example:
- The juice of fresh lime in warm water with a teaspoon of honey early in the morning.
- Non-fat milk with sprouts of wheat or beans for breakfast.
- A glass of fresh orange, carrot or pineapple juice half an hour before lunch.
- Lunch with raw vegetable salad, steamed and boiled vegetables, and buttermilk garnished with cumin seeds, coriander leaves and grated ginger root.
- Lemon tea, coconut water or fresh vegetable soup with some dry fruits in mid afternoon.
- Finally, dinner with whole grain bread, steamed vegetables and seasonal fruits without banana and apple.
- Here some other good tips to help you to keep your weight under control.
According to Ayurveda (which is the ancient medical side of the yoga tradition), there are also many herbs and spices that can be extremely beneficial for the digestion and for the assimilation of important nutriments in the body. Here the most important:
- Garcinia, Garcinia cambogia
- Shilajit, Natural Asphaltum
- Guggulu, Gugulipid
- Gokshuraseed, Tribulis terrestris
- Triphala, Three Myrobalans
- Bhibitaki, Beleric myrobalan
- Rhubarb, Rheum palmatum
- Licorice, Glychyrrhiza glabra
- Tulasi, Ocinum Sanctum
Even if all these ingredients are totally natural and free from parabens or chemical elements, it might be sometime difficult for western people to find them and/or to use them in the right way during the preparation of meals. For this reason we created for you a brand of ready to use products for your meals, based on the ancient yogic/ayurvedic wisdom and on the modern medical knowledge.
Under the supervision of Doctor Parveen Chopra (medical doctor and ayurvedic researcher) and Massimo Barberi (senior yoga teacher and ayurveda therapist) we have prepared a range of healthy products for your meals. From the muesli for your breakfast until the soups for your dinners.
So, even in days when your life is very busy and you don’t manage to dedicate time to the preparation of healthy food in your kitchen, with our products you know that you can relax and you can eat something nice, balanced and nutritious, making it in no time.
Here some of our products:
April 25, 2014 at 4:00 am
I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Very well written!
April 27, 2014 at 8:05 am
We have now add also a link to our new webshop where is possible to find some ayurvedic herbal products that we have recently start to import from India, you can find them here —> http://massimobarberi.wix.com/holisticlinic#!online-store/c17w1
Have a mice day! 🙂
August 26, 2014 at 2:00 pm
That is a good tip especially to those fresh
to the blogosphere. Simple but very precise information…
Thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!
August 26, 2014 at 6:43 pm
Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after going through some of the articles I realized it’s
new to me. Anyhow, I’m certainly delighted I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back
August 30, 2014 at 5:12 am
Hi, after reading this remarkable post i am as well happy to share my experience here with colleagues.